Benefits of a CompliMed Gap Cover
1. Potential savings on your current gap cover contributions
2. Our cover is not medical aid specific and can therefore be added to most medical aid plans in SA
3. CompliMed is independent. Why would you want to choose a gap cover plan from your medical scheme that created the shortfall in the first place?
4. We now offer a Breast Cancer Prevention and Breast Cancer Reconstruction cover to our range of benefits.
5. CompliMed are pioneers of the gap cover industry is SA and have been a trusted gap cover provider since 2003.
Benefits of our Legacy Series Gap Cover
In-Hospital and Out-Of-Hospital Benefits
In-hospital dental cover
- A 3-month general waiting period applies to all benefits (except in the event of an accident, which occurred while on the Policy). In the event the commencement date of the Policy is the same
as the commencement date of the Medical Scheme, no 3-month general waiting period will apply to Medical Expense Shortfall Cover (increasing the medical aid rate up to 600%)
- A 10-month waiting period on pregnancy/childbirth
- A 12-month waiting period on investigations, treatment or surgery for: hysterectomy, hysteroscopies, endometriosis, ovarian cysts and fibroids (myomectomy), muscular-skeletal (except in the event of an accident, which occurred while on the Policy), tonsillectomy, myringotomy, grommets, adenoids, wisdom teeth, hernia, cataracts, gastroscopies, colonoscopies, sigmoidoscopy, cancer, nasal and sinus.
Waiting Period Concessions
Existing policy Transfers
- Waiting period concessions will apply should your existing policy be in force for a period of 12 months and longer.
NB: Please be advised that proof of current cover will need to be provided when applying for a CompliMed® policy, to avoid any new waiting periods being applied.
Insured by:Reg. No. 1990/001253/06
FSP no. 1596
Underwritten by:FSP no. 36571
I wish to thank Complimed for paying the estimated total shortfall of R 75000 I incurred during my last stay in hospital. It was very easy to submit claims and I always got a speedy response to all my queries. Thank you Complimed for your excellent service. I will continue to recommend you to my friends and family as I have been doing thus far.
-Thileshni Pather Nair
The recent birth of our son called for unexpected medical emergencies. CompliMed® far exceeded my expectations by taking away the stress of all our shortfalls with efficiency and excellent customer service.
- Duran Doorasamy
We’ve been with CompliMed® for over 10 years and can honestly say that our gap cover policy has paid out thousands of Rand’s in medical aid shortfalls that would have otherwise have been paid by us.
- Brian & Ros
My wife recently gave birth to our baby boy, and as such there were a lot of unexpected expenses that came along with it, which was charged above the medical aid rate, thankfully we have gap cover by Complimed, which assisted us in settling these extra expenses, the claims process was so easy and stress free, which was done online, all of our multiple claims were settled, within a matter of days.
- Luke & Azariah
Now You Have The Freedom To Choose CompliMed together with Turnberry and their insurer Lombard Insurance Company Limited are excited to be able to offer you a comprehensive gap cover product at an exceptional price. The Legacy SeriesR323 per family per month for under 65’s Transfer and upgrade your current policy to CompliMed’s Legacy Series, … Read moreRead More
Medical Aid versus Medical Insurance – Defining the Difference A common question asked by medical aid members is this: “Should I change from my medical aid plan to medical insurance rather, as there is a significant reduction in the monthly premium? In order to answer the above question, we need to look at some other … Read moreRead More
Life after Lockdown – Living Life Online It’s a thought in most people’s minds right now – what happens after lockdown? The Covid-19 pandemic lockdown has taught us one thing at least – how to live our lives more remotely. Had this happened in the 70s or 80s, we would have relied on radio and … Read moreRead More